Friday, January 14, 2011

Reasons to believe - Introduction

Everyone believes in something.  There is belief in God, belief in Buddha, belief in self, belief in the government, belief in science and belief in any number of other things.  We all have something or someone that we believe in as our saviour or that gives us meaning in life.  Believing is a part of life. 

The question is, why do we believe what we believe?  Obviously there are a lot of answers to that question.  People might say our beliefs come from what we are taught.  They might say our beliefs come from choices we make or they might even say they come from something external to us.  As I'm sure you know, I believe in God and so I would like to present some of the reasons that I believe what I do.

This series is not intended to prove the existence of God or to be a list of 'evidence' in favor of Christianity. It will merely be a list of reasons that we should believe in God. There are many, many reasons to do so and I am persuaded that this is indeed a reasonable faith so I hope you enjoy the series!

No comments: