Wednesday, January 03, 2007

New Years Etc

Well it is now 2007. The year has started off well with the traditional youth events in St. Thomas, and hopefully it will only continue to improve. We had Arthur Voaden Gym again this year and had some sweet volleyball going on and then we had the skating in Port Stanley again this year. I would also like to let you all know that it was at skating in Port Stanley 25 years that my mom and dad first met. If it wasn't for this great tradition I might not be writing this today. I wonder if anyone will be saying the same thing about this year 25 years down the road. Someone should figure out how many couples have gotten things rolling at St. Thomas new years activities. Or maybe I'll just think about all the fun us non-couples had. Shoot I even made $2 ;)

It was a fun time indeed. Ushering in the new year with a bang and not enough sleep and then getting sick as a reward. Oh well, I'm back in school now trying to get myself back into 'study mode.' Its tough to do but it feels good to be back in the old apartment again. Well I have class bright and early tomorrow (1:30pm :-P don't you just love first week?) so I'm heading off to bed. Have a blessed week!

Dave Westy

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

very fun times indeed.. i cant believe nobody else would pay. oh well

Anonymous said...

I think I will make my brother give me 2 bucks.

scott+jenk said...

come to St. Thomas again soon Davie

_/ Derek \_ said...

i dont know pete.. i'd pay like 5$ to skate with dave... but when i asked him he held my hand for FREE!.. but only for 20 seconds :(

*Kara* said...

ooo...you must feel special derek...

Anonymous said...

... to bad we couldnt find any tape hey dave, oh well

Unknown said...

Derek! you never told me you would pay me $5...man I could have gotten 3 free coffee's :)

Joel Van Dyk said...

dave you are so funny and i would have skated with you for $10. (how is school going ?)