Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Let's do some brick work!

For the first time engineering students at Waterloo actually get a reading week! in the past we have only gotten 2 days off while the rest of the school had a whole but that has finally been changed. So this led me to ask myself "self what are you going to do with you week off?" and it hit me: Go down to South Carolina and do some volunteer work for Greenville Presbyterian Seminary of course! They acquired an old school building a little while back that is currently being renovated so that the campus will be able to move there since the current building has rather limited capacity. However, this building needs a lot of work before it is ready to be used and that, my friend, is where you and I come in. Right now the building needs to have some brick-work done. The grouting on the bricks is not very good and needs to be replaced so I'm putting together a group of volunteers to go down there and help out with that. It will be a great help for the seminary as well as a good experience, plus its going down to South Carolina in February...Bonus! My reading week is from February 17-24 and so I hope to travel down for those dates and help out. Oh and it gets better: You too can have this incredible experience, just let me know you are interested and I'll get you all the details.

...back to class
Dave Westy

8 comments:

Ruth said...

Hmmm, sounds great! But will this be a "no girls allowed" venture?

Unknown said...

Girls are welcome to come too as long as they are prepared to work...I don't think it will be extremely demanding work.

scott+jenk said...

yah I will probably be going davie... have to look at the old schedule

Anonymous said...

I would like to come but I'll have to see if I can get off all 3 jobs for a week.

Sarah by the Sea said...

sounds good! i wish i could get out of school, but its a crucial time for me. :( have fun and God bless!

_/ Derek \_ said...

im coming if i have to quit my job!

Anonymous said...

maybe i will be laid off by that point.. if it involves pointing i can get r' done lol

My name is Tim... said...

I'm in the DR, but I'm sure you guys will all have lots of fun.