Saturday, December 02, 2006

Get Firefox

Yesterday when I was looking at my blog at work I was forced to use Internet Explorer to view it and I noticed something about it. IE pretty much sucks of course, but I didn't realize just how badly it was displaying my blog, so if you are using IE and you see a messed up looking 097 across the top of it and you have to scroll down past all the posts to be able to see the links and stuff on my sidebar, I apologize. I apologize on behalf microsoft and the developers of IE, but I also apologize on my own behalf for not pointing you toward the solution seeing that about 60% of my pageviews come from people using IE. The solution you see is really quite easy. I could recode my whole page and fight with it until it works in IE, but I'm kind of lazy so I'll tell you how to fix it: Just GET FIREFOX. I have a link on my sidebar if you scroll down(WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY down if you're using IE :-P) Just click on that and you'll be able to download firefox for free.

I've been using Firefox to browse the web for about a year now and I've never looked back. Its a much better browser than Ineternet Explorer in pretty much every way so you should really get it. You'll be amazed at how much better my blog looks, and the rest of your surfing experience with be improved too :) Its worth the download.

7 comments:

scott+jenk said...

Yes indeed Firefox rules... Internet Explorer is terrible.. The new explorer is made to look like firefox but it still isn't worth anything

Aaron said...

Presumably you're violating Google's referral program terms of use.

"You shall not promote or facilitate a Referral Event by any means other than displaying a Referral Button on the Site, unless expressly authorized in writing by Google (including by electronic mail)."

Unknown said...

oh dear. I hope I don't get sued. I'm promoting Firefox because its good, and would have done so even if I didn't have a referral button.

Aaron said...

Everyone with a PC needs IE. How else would they download Firefox?

Well, you should rake in plenty of dough with your referral button!

Sarah by the Sea said...

yayyyyyyy go firefoxxxx

Ruth said...

Having been forced into using Firefox (stupid Internet Explorer keeps randomly closing), I protest at Firefox's slowness --page loading, connecting, all that stuff. Every time I open a page, it's like it's loading it for the first time --yet it should be in memory!
And while I'm ranting about electronics that I have no clue about, I might as well tell you that I can't wait until GoogleBlogger gets its act together: the "ERROR 500" screen is just to familiar.

Unknown said...

Ruth: have you upgraded to 2.0? It seems to have fixed all the memory hogging problems. Also, let it be noted that at least your firefox is working!

I've never seen this error 500 screen...have others seen it?