Tuesday, May 30, 2006

What a weekend

I just had one awesome weekend!!! After finishing up class on Thursday I left for the Van Eyk's by around noon. 12 hours of uneventful (and boring) driving later I arrived in Greensboro, North Carolina. Of course I stayed up chatting and catching up on the news with Re and Greg until about 3 in the morning. The next morning we got everything together and then headed down to South Carolina for Matt and Stacy's wedding. It was a beautiful wedding. The Bride was simply stunning, the bridesmaids were all beautiful as were their dresses, and the men were all wearing suits so I guess they must have looked good too. Matt and Stacy know too many ministers and so we had to listen to three 'semons' but the messages and exhortations where all very good and well worth listening to so all in all it was one of the best wedding I've ever been too. The church was so full that some people had to stand in the back and the reception afterwards was great too. I got to meet all my Greenville friends again and it was sooooo good to see them.

After the wedding a bunch of us went over to the place we were staying at (thanks so much Vandoodewaards for letting us use your house!!) and visited for a few hours. Saturday we out for lunch with Thomas and then visited the Spears and Bob and made all the Greenville rounds. We visited with Mrs. Karr for a while until Steph got home and then we all headed back to the Vandood's place to watch a movie and hang out.

Sunday we went to Second Pres. For the morning, where Mr. Spears had a great sermon, and then to the new OPC church that is meeting at the Seminary for the evening service. We stopped by the Karr's on our way home and Mrs. Karr made us some food and of course we talked a lot and didn't leave until about 10. As we headed home we where making really good time until we had a very disturbing and traumatic experience. You can read all the gory details on Re's blog but the gist of it is that a young girl died on the road about 200 feet in front of us and we saw pretty much everything except the actual event. It was definantly one of the worst and most sobering events in my life. Remember to pray for her family and especially for those friends that were there and saw her die.

I had a safe trip back on Monday although I spent most of the trip wishing I didn't have to go back and I didn't even get a ticket although I saw 18 cops on the way. So that was my weekend in a nutshell. It was a funfilled and awesome weekend!!! I miss y'all down there!!!!!!!! Love y'all too!

Dave Westy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah man, twas an awesome weekend, next time were coming up there! later man,

..Re

Unknown said...

sweet dude. I'm gonna hold you to that!