Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Fun times

What a fun weekend. The end of the first week of school and so it was time to have some fun. :-) On Friday night we did some stuff with the younger young people at the Colenbrander's. The events of the night involved getting dirty and somehow I ended being a team leader and having to participate instead of getting to run an event. That made for some crazy fun times.

The first event involved a bunch of stuff like leapfrogging and walking across 2 by 4's with your whole team. Crazy stuff, but no one got hurt so there's not much to tell you about there. Then it was the mud slide climb where we had to get our whole team on top of an eight foot hight structure by going up a mud covered sheet of plywood. I was bosting everybody up and managed to get a scrape on my head as well as a nice big one on my arm and bruised elbow. Now that game was worth writing about :-D. then the last game involved finding fake eggs in a pool full of mud, and I'll make this short and sweet. I got thrown in said pool of mud. I got really dirty and I didn't have a change of clothes with me. it was AWESOME. :-P

Saturday I went to Canada's Wonderland for the first time!!!! Lots of fun there but there was alot of people so we didn't get on too many rides, but hey, half the fun is waiting in line. Saturday night we went to hear the AOC (All Ontario Choir) Finale. Got to see a bunch of people I hadn't seen in a while and listen to some good music. So that's what I've been doing with my life. but now its back to the books.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hehe... it was funny--there was this big noise and suddenly dave was covered in slimy, muddy, mud... hehe. However, Dave was wearing 'old-ish' clothes so don't feel sorry for him getting covered in mud-- but...Dave did not hesitate to throw mud on my brand-new white shirt and attempt to put a hand print on the shoulder. oh yea, it still needs dry cleaning dave... ;)

'ave a good week in classes dave.

shan

Anonymous said...

Hey dave cant wait to see you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Party!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

um dude this is Lyd Tim and Pete at Opa's house eating good food and wishing you were here to..
man its really time to update the post already though...