Thursday, December 22, 2005

about me van Eyks and the emergency room

It happens every time. When I get together with the van Eyks one of us gets hurt. Apparently this time it was my turn. We were playing basketball (a game that is certainly much more violent than hockey) and as I was driving for the net to do a lay-up I tripped and smashed my face against the pole. I came away with my hand to my mouth and when I looked down I had half of my front teeth in my hand. After saying a few words that I won't repeat here for the sake of my good friend 'anyomous' I went inside and took a look at her. Let me tell you, it wasn't pretty. My one tooth was knocked out of its socket and sticking straight back into my mouth, and the other one had several large chunks missing from it. so to make a long story short; and not to bore you with the insignificant details like hot dental assistants and more unrepeatable language, I ended up with some temporary braces to hold my tooth in place and I'll need to go get some rebuilding work done on the other one plus I will probably need a root canal.
Thankfully when I called my insurance they said that this is covered by them since it is an emergency, but I doubt I'll be able to get the other stuff covered, so I might just be out a few bucks. praise be to God though, that it wasn't any worse and that the insurance company is being so helpful. Here is a picture of my teeth right before going to the hospital.


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Its about time I had a chance to return the favor of driving you to the emergency room. I hope you get better dude and that you feel better soon. Sorry but I'm still going to have to force you to have some fun and party all weekend long. Later man

...Re

Anonymous said...

this is anonymous and I too would have used that language if caught in a perdicament like that...

Anonymous said...

awww dave. i hope you're feeling okay!
that picture kind of makes you look like a...a...hillbilly! but you are a redneck, so close enough. ;-)

Unknown said...

Re: NO...don't make me party. please.

Anony: Why that makes my conscience feel so much better

Shan: Hmmmf....I think you're mean...I didn't find it funny :-P

Rach: Yeah!!! I'm achieving my goal of being a redneck....someday, someday.

Adventures of a Girl said...

That is one beautiful face....:)

Adventures of a Girl said...

and change the picture already, I'm getting nightmares:)