Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Prof Quotes

I'm going through my notes studying for exams and I came across some interesting quotes that came up in class and that I wrote down. Here are few of them:

Fluids:
Prof: (talking about air flow around a body) "this is similar to the force your car feels when are doing 150 down the highway as I know you all do."....."I on the other hand have respect for the law. I only go 145."

Prof: (to Nick who is always goofing around, cracking jokes or doing something wierd) "you should become a clown...it pays pretty good."
Nick: *in a mock-serious voice* "sir, I am NOT in it for the money, Sir"

Inorganic:
Prof: (day after Bill Gates visited U-Waterloo) "did any of you go see Bill Gates yesterday?"
Student: "yes I did"
Prof: "Did you throw anything at him?"
hmmm....wonder if he has an apple?

Prof: "What type of orbitals are these?"
*waits a few second*
"hint.....Nick is ....."
Nick: "DEGENERATE!!!!"

Differential Equations:
Prof: "Guess what we are going to do with this beast?"
Student: "TAME IT"

Prof: "I always find that when I teach engineers I have to make fun of Mathies and when I teach mathies I have to...*pauses and looks at the class full of engineers*...uhhh...make fun of MATHIES."

Prof: "I have a breakup line for you guys..."I'm sorry but u+i is complex""
(sorry that one was so corny I had to include it)

1 comment:

Re van Eyk said...

LOL the u+i is the best!!