Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Canada Day

So, for the long weekend I went up to Ottawa to visit my cousin who is doing a work term up there. I had me a blast of time. We went up Friday and after fighting a bit of traffic got there and hung out for the night at Brian's (amazingly clean....I was almost guilt-tripped into cleaning up my apartment - Almost) apartment. We also went roller-blading on the bike path along the Ottawa river which is a beautiful trail. On Saturday we went to parliament hill to join in the festivities there, and toured the Mint and the War museum. The number of people there is impossible to describe, but I'll just say that there was so many it was pretty much impossible to move at times. The fireworks were pretty awesome too.
On Sunday we went to the Reformed Presbyterian Church (Ottawa in the morning and Russell in the afternoon) and caught up on some needed sleep. Then on Monday after stocking up on cheap French beer and touring Riduea Hall, which has some of the most beautiful grounds I've ever seen (I must say Ottawa is a very beautiful city), we headed back home. We got stuck in traffic but a few backroads later and we were home in reasonable time. I wish one of us had been smart enough to bring a camera, but hey even genius's forget stuff like that sometimes, so sorry, no pictures :(

Dave Westy

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Dave,

First of all, Happy Canada Day!! And secondly, i think i had a better day than even you did. I wasnt in Canada nor am canadian, but i was with a CANADIAN....And we partied like CANADIANS!!!!!!!!!! Anyways check out my boyfriends site for pictures to come. Take care and, "Get thee a wife!!!!"

Corrie....and Greg ;-)

Anonymous said...

shh!! he's working on it. it takes time for good things to happen. ;)

Anonymous said...

I didnt really mean get thee a wife...you always go way over board!!!! lol